As a QA engineer at DEUS EX MACHINA, you will be able to join the company’s development team and participate in all phases of software testing, to ensure that all product and quality objectives are met.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Team spirit and strong will for further improvement.
- Be proactive and capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
First and foremost, you will be working in a team of talented people on projects that will have an impact to our world. We value privacy and individuality, yet we are all team players who are committed to innovate and create high-quality, world-class products. In addition, we offer a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and location, training and educational opportunities.
Who we are:
DEUS EX MACHINA is an Artificial Intelligence company that specializes in machine learning and data analytics. Our clients range from startups and universities to some of the largest multinational corporations worldwide. Most of its employees have formal training and/or a PhD in Computer Science. Typical products include machine learning analytics on large heterogeneous datasets, AI monitoring infrastructure and bioinformatics tools.
|Experience||Familiar with QA Testing|
|Testing||White Box, Black Box, Automated Testing Tools|
|Knowledge||SQL, Scripting, Agile/Scrum|