We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking a Junior Web and Graphics Designer to join our Product team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. The successful candidate should have expertise and proven experience in creating web and graphics artifacts including websites, illustrations, branding, presentations and other graphics-based collateral.
As a Junior Web and Graphics Designer you will help shape all product, marketing and communications collateral for our products and company. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Bioinformaticians and Product Managers working on state of the art technology products and solutions.
In your role as a Junior Web and Graphics Designer, you will have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Work closely with product marketing, product management and leadership to develop appropriate design artifacts.
- Conceptualize and design graphics based on requirements and client feedback.
- Present designs and key deliverables to business stakeholders.
- Develop designs, graphics and layouts that are visually appealing, user-friendly, and that reflect our company’s brand identity and values.
- Execute all design stages from concept to finalized design artifacts.
- Conceptualize and design original, responsive website designs that incorporate appealing, user friendly aesthetics.
- Use or create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to plan, communicate and implement design ideas.
- Develop design best practices and branding guidelines.
Qualifications for the Web and Graphics designer:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a web designer.
- Proven web design skills with an extensive portfolio, preferably for technology, business-to-business (B2B) applications.
- BS/MS in graphic design, interactive design or other related fields.
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows.
- Advanced skills in Adobe CS ( Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe XD) or other design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma).
- Excellent visual design skills and ability to translate abstract, technical concepts into visually appealing stories.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies in web and graphic design.
- Excellent command of English (verbal/written).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team preferred but not required.
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 is preferred but not required.
- Good knowledge of interaction design, usability best practices, emerging trends, and technologies.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.