We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. We strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Senior Back – End Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Thessaloniki. We are looking for people that have work ethic, commitment, talent, a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and the ability to lead and successfully deliver the development of projects under constraints.
In this role, the successful candidate will participate in building the APIs that will be powering our products and platform and report to the Backend function leader.You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Implement features on the backend of our infrastructure (mainly using Python Django/Flask or Java), write unit/integration tests and perform deployments
- Participate in architectural decisions regarding our micro-service architecture
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings
- 5+ years of professional experience in design and development using Python or Java.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred but not required
- Experience in large scale systems is preferred but not required
- Experience in Machine Learning or AI frameworks is preferred but not required
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Experience with building a REST API with one framework (preferably Django/Flask otherwise Spring) and deploying them using Docker
- Experience with SQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity working in agile environments
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
The following will be considered as assets:
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with either Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.