We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking two Bioinformaticians to join our Data Science team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time.
As a Bioinformatician, your focus will be on analyzing next-generation sequencing data. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state of the art technology products and solutions. In this role, you will gain broad exposure to cutting-edge AI/ML and Big Data technologies.
In your role as a Bioinformatician, you will have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Use bioinformatics tools, pipelines, and machine-learning algorithms to analyze NGS datasets
- Implement computational workflows to facilitate omics analysis, and pursue bioinformatics analyses
- Prepare technical reports with bioinformatics-related plots and graphs
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and reliable software components
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas
- Work as part of the cross-functional team
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (R, Python)
- Experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing data (RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, metagenome, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of machine learning, molecular biology and statistics is required
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Work methodically and in an organized and timely manner to produce high-quality data analysis, minimizing errors
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing environment
- Prior experience in an NGS company or NGS research lab is welcome
- Prior experience in developing NGS pipelines is welcome
- Ability to apply advanced statistical methods, machine learning, data science to molecular biology
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.