We are looking for two bioinformaticians to join our Data Science team. You will analyze NGS data, working closely with other bioinformatics experts, data scientists and software engineers for providing quality solutions and services to our clients. Positions are open for both our Athens and Thessaloniki locations.
– Use bioinformatics tools, pipelines, and machine-learning algorithms to analyze NGS datasets
– Implement computational workflows to facilitate omics analysis, and pursue bioinformatics analyses
– Prepare technical reports with bioinformatics-related plots and graphs
– Produce well-written, well-documented, and reliable software components
– Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas
– Work as part of the cross-functional team
– Ph.D. or MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related field
– Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (R, Python)
– Experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing data (RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, metagenome, etc.)
– Basic knowledge of machine learning
– Basic knowledge of molecular biology
– Basic knowledge of statistics required
– Excellent communication skills
– Work methodically and in an organized and timely manner to produce high-quality data analysis, minimizing errors
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
– Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
– Familiarity with High-Performance Computing environment
– Prior experience in an NGS company or NGS research lab
– Prior experience in developing NGS pipelines.
– Ability to apply advanced statistical methods, machine learning, data science to molecular biology
First and foremost, you will be working in a team of talented people on projects that will have an impact on our world. We value privacy and individuality, yet we are all team players who are committed to innovate and create high-quality, world-class products. In addition, we offer a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and location, training and educational opportunities.
Who we are:
DEUS EX MACHINA is an Artificial Intelligence company with offices in Athens and Thessaloniki that specializes in machine learning and data analytics. Our clients range from startups to some of the largest multinational corporations worldwide. Many of our employees have formal training and/or a Ph.D. in Computer Science. Typical products include machine learning analytics, AI and bioinformatics platforms.