We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Team Leader to join our Data Science team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. The successful candidate should have several years of relevant experience. We are interested in prior experience but also in work ethic, commitment and talent. We are looking for people that have a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and attention to detail.
As a Bioinformatics Team Leader, you will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions. In this role, your focus will be leading various bioinformatics projects focused on the analysis of omics data, and the development of large-scale bioinformatics pipelines as part of an enterprise-level system.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-level system solution with automated integration pipelines and other computational ML/AI workflows to facilitate omics analysis as part of an enterprise-level system solution.
- Develop various automated bioinformatics pipelines to analyze biological data of any type, with a specific focus on the microbiome (metagenome, 16S) and meta-transcriptome.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to deliver state-of-the-art solutions that can handle a large volume of data either locally or on the cloud.
- Participate in meetings with clients to determine their needs, work with our product/project managers to translate them into specifications and tasks.
- Install processes to keep a cross-functional, effective team that can deliver an enterprise-level bioinformatics system.
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas.
- Mentor, train, and develop team members.
- 7+ years of industry experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in successfully leading bioinformatics projects and teams.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or a related field. Prior research experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills in team building and project management and passionate about mentorship and career development for team members.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to foresee, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with current bioinformatics tools and databases for interpretation of omics sequencing data. Experience with microbiome data sets is a plus.
- Experience in building and testing automated multi-omics data analysis pipelines, especially for NGS and microbiome data.
- Experience in bioinformatics system design (compute, data, application layers) for data and compute-intensive applications.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Python, R), Linux shell scripting and version control.
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing and cloud computing systems.
- Excellent communication skills (English), and ability to produce excellent documentation, keep records and communicate information with other teams/clients.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.