We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Data Science Team Leader to join our Data Science team in Athens.The successful candidate should have several years of relevant experience. We are interested in prior experience but also in work ethic, commitment and talent. We are looking for people that have a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and attention to detail.
As a Data Science Team Leader, you will be joining a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions, with a focus on the biomedical domain.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity.
At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-level system solution with ML/AI workflows.
- Be the principal architect of the Data Science architecture for any system solution with knowledge of the existing technologies to optimize scalability, reproducibility, predictive performance, and delivery time.
- Manage a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Ensure strong commitment to milestones, quality, and deliverables.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to deliver state-of-the-art solutions that can handle a large volume of data either locally or on the cloud.
- Participate in meetings with clients to determine their needs, propose technical solutions, work with our product/project managers to translate them into specifications and tasks.
- Install processes to keep a cross-functional, effective team that can deliver an enterprise-level machine learning system.
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas.
- Mentor, train, and develop team members.
- 8+ years of experience in data science and machine learning, with at least 2 years of industry experience in a similar team leading role. Proven experience in successfully leading data science projects and teams.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Data Science, Machine Learning or a related field. Prior research experience is a plus. Previous experience on Health and Life Sciences applications, especially in drug discovery, microbiome and omics analyses, is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning methods, both their theoretical foundations and their application in practice at scale. Excellent knowledge of open-source packages and how to apply them to build an enterprise system. Innovation and expertise on artificial neural network methods is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills in team building and project management and passionate about mentorship and career development for team members.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to foresee, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Experience in building analytic systems and predictive models. Experience in NLP, word embeddings, graph data modeling or geometric deep learning is a plus.
- Experience in machine learning system design (compute, data, application layers).
- Proficiency in Python, version control, data management and systems.
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing and cloud computing systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English, and ability to produce excellent documentation, technical reports, and keep records and communicate information with other teams/clients.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.