We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. We are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Data Security Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. The successful candidate should have expertise in network security, data protection, and security design. We are less interested in prior experience and more in work ethic, commitment, and talent. We are looking for people that have a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence, and the ability to lead and successfully deliver the development of projects under constraints.
As a Data Security Engineer, you will participate in building the security infrastructure and security policy that will protect the organization and its environments. You will be responsible for the integrity of confidential information and report to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with the resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Analyze the company’s infrastructure and network security.
- Analyze the company’s data privacy and protection.
- Report security threats and mitigate risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls.
- Design and implement security processes that will protect the company’s infrastructure and data privacy based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know.
- Define and assess minimum security requirements are in place for the protection of company data and the company’s infrastructure.
- Conduct penetration testing on our systems and expose systems’ shortcomings and flaws.
- Maintain the company’s network infrastructure and firewalls.
- Properly document all systems security implementation, operations, and maintenance activities.
- Analyze and report organizational and system security trends.
- Educate and inform colleagues and help them understand the data security processes.
- Monitor organizational networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
- 2+ years of professional experience in data protection, cybersecurity, and network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of encryption algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of network access, identity, and access management.
- Strong knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of installation, integration, and optimization of system components.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (ideally Python).
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Work experience in a system administration role.
- Work experience in developing and applying security system access controls.
- Work experience in penetration testing.
- Work experience in SaaS platforms.
- Work experience in large-scale systems.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (ideally Azure).
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with working in agile environments.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
The following will be considered as assets:
- Experience in Systems Design
- Experience with Python web frameworks (Django and Flask)
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|