We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. We are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Data Security Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. The successful candidate should have expertise in network security, data protection, and security design. We are looking for people with a startup “do-er” mentality, work ethic, commitment, and a teamwork spirit.
As a Data Security Engineer, you will participate in building the security infrastructure and security policy that will protect the organization and its environments. You will be responsible for the integrity of confidential information and report to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
- Analyze the company’s infrastructure, network security and data privacy.
- Report security threats and mitigate risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls.
- Design and implement security processes that will protect the company’s infrastructure and data privacy based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know.
- Define and assess that minimum security requirements are in place for the protection of company data and the company’s infrastructure.
- Conduct penetration testing on our systems and expose systems’ shortcomings and flaws.
- Maintain the company’s network infrastructure and firewalls.
- Properly document all systems security implementation, operations, and maintenance activities.
- Analyze and report organizational and system security trends.
- Educate and inform colleagues and help them understand the data security processes.
- Monitor organizational networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
- Proven professional experience (2+ years) in data protection, cybersecurity, network infrastructure, system administration or any other related field.
- Proficient understanding of encryption algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of network access, identity, and access management.
- Experience with security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of installation, integration, and optimization of system components.
- Understanding of scripting languages (ideally Python).
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Familiarity with risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Proven working experience in developing and applying security system access controls.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Systems Design
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django and Flask)
- Working experience with cloud platforms (ideally Azure).
- Familiarity with Git.
- Familiarity with large-scale systems.
- Working experience with agile methodologies
What is it like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|