We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. In this role, the successful candidate will be managing and developing data visualizations that help answer analytical and business intelligence questions related to our clients’ projects by manipulating and transforming data into rich and interactive.
As a Data Visualization Engineer, you will contribute to the development and delivery of data products for our clients and you will be reporting to the Software Engineering Team Leader. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Research and prototype data visualizations according to the client’s needs.
- Apply knowledge of technical computing platforms, tools, and techniques to analyze information and data requirements obtained from data scientists, bioinformaticians, software engineers, and other business stakeholders.
- Implement data visualization designs using specialized frameworks and self-service solutions (e.g. Tableau).
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather, compile, and review data visualization requirements and communicate deliverables.
- Work closely with the engineering and data science teams to incorporate data visualization features in existing product solutions.
- Educate product development and operations teams on the use of data visualizations developed.
- Collect feedback to apply improvements to new and existing data visualizations.
- Contribute to guidelines and design conventions and standards for modeling and data visualizations.
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Visualizations and Business Intelligence roles.
- S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Proficiency with D3.js, HighchartsJS, or similar data visualization technologies.
- Proficiency in Tableau and working knowledge of Apache’s Superset.
- Excellent understanding of different data visualization techniques (treemap, Sankey diagrams, heatmaps, radar charts, and network analysis among others).
- Experience with Angular or other modern front-end technologies such as React.js, Vue.js.
- Proficiency in SQL and RDBMS.
- Experience with Git is a plus.
- Experience with PowerBI, UI/UX best practices, Git, and Python would be a plus.
- Ability to prototype and iterate quickly with respect to client feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.