We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking an IT/System Administrator to join our Software Engineering team in Thessaloniki. We are looking for people passionate about establishing, monitoring, maintaining and supporting a reliable infrastructure that will be helping their coworkers maximize their productivity. Our infrastructure consists of Linux workstations, complemented by a few Windows 10 systems, as well as servers running either Linux on bare metal or Linux virtual machines. In addition to prior experience, we are also interested in work ethic, commitment, and talent.
As an IT/System Administrator, you will ensure that the company’s internal infrastructure runs in a reliable and efficient way. You will be reporting to the Software Engineering Manager and be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
- Be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of internal infrastructure including setting up accounts and workstations for team members.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, research event log warnings/errors, and resource monitoring.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing their impact.
- Create and maintain documentation and technical specifications for planning and implementing IT infrastructure.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- 2+ years of database/network/system administration, or any other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Linux administration preferably in Debian based distros
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Experience in implementing IT operations best practices, including security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Working experience with virtualization, preferably Xcp-ng, or equivalent.
- IT/linux certifications e.g. CompTIA (A+, Cloud+, Security+)
- Experience with backup and recovery procedures, system performance monitoring tools, directory services, virtualization, HTTP traffic.
- Experience in supporting/administering Cloud platforms (preferably Azure).
- Familiarity with Ansible.
What is it like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.