We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and a collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking an IT/System Administrator to join our Software Engineering team in Thessaloniki. The successful candidate should have expertise in system administration, automation, and IT support. Our infrastructure consists of Linux workstations, complemented by a few Windows 10 systems, as well as servers running either Linux on bare metal or Linux virtual machines. In addition to prior experience, we are interested also in work ethic, commitment, and talent.
As an IT/System Administrator, you will participate in building custom products for our clients and report to the Software Development Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
In your role as an IT/System Administrator, you will have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
Responsibilities for the IT/System Administrator include:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Assist in desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Participate in capacity and storage planning.
- Perform routine/scheduled maintenance of the systems, including all backups.
Qualifications for the IT/System Administrator include:
- 2+ years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of Linux administration, in Debian based or RedHat based distributions.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, preferably Xcp-ng, or equivalent.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Experience with handling multi-node clusters.
- Experience in developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching.
- Experience in supporting/administering project management tools, and cloud computing (preferably AWS or Azure).
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, Cybersecurity, or network-related fields are a plus.
- Experience and/or IT certifications in OpenLDAP, FreeIPA, ApacheDS, Microsoft AD, or other directory services are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.