We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Junior Front-End Engineer to join our Engineering team in Thessaloniki, full-time. We are looking for people who are passionate about combining the art of design with the art of programming and creating user-friendly interfaces.
As a Front-end Software Developer, you will participate in building custom AI-products for our clients and report to the Front-end Lead. You will also be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
- Make product improvements in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Update existing features and develop new ones.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and other team-members (Backend engineers, UI/UX, etc.) to determine and optimize the front-end design.
- Write code that meets our internal style standards, maintainability, and best practices for a large-scale web environment.
- Participate in engineering sessions, code reviews and promote team spirit while also maintaining accountability and ownership of your work.
- Professional working experience with HTML, CSS and core JS concepts.
- Experience with ES+ and TypeScript.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS, Sass, or Less.
- Experience with SPAs and webpack.
- Experience with version control such as Git.
- A solid understanding of core web, browser concepts and REST APIs.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
Nice to have:
- Previous working experience in agile software development processes.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Familiarity in writing tests (eg. Karma, Jasmine)
What it’s like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.