We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. We strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Back – End Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Thessaloniki. We are looking for people that have work ethic, commitment, talent, a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and the ability to collaborate with the rest of the team and contribute to the development and delivery of our products.
As a Back – end engineer you will participate in building the APIs that will be powering our products and platform and report to the Backend function leader. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
- Contribute to our product development by focusing on coding (mainly using Python Django/Flask or Java) and debugging
- Write unit/integration tests and perform deployments
- Troubleshoot issues
- Contribute to architectural decisions regarding our micro-service architecture
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings
- Proven experience in development using Python or Java.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience with building a REST API with one framework (preferably Django/Flask otherwise Spring) and deploying them using Docker
- Good knowledge of SQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Hands-on experience with Git
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Azure
- Experience working with microservice architectures
- Experience with either Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Familiarity with Ansible.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and AI frameworks
- Working experience with agile methodologies
What is it like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.