We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Mid DevOps Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. The successful candidate should have expertise in system administration, automation, and continuous integration. We are less interested in prior experience and more in work ethic, commitment, and talent. We are looking for people that have a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and the ability to lead and successfully deliver the development of projects under constraints.
As a Mid DevOps Engineer, you will participate in building the infrastructure that will host the platform and the products that will serve our clients and report to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Provision infrastructure that will host our products
- Deploy increments to our products in the target infrastructure
- Automate building and releasing enabling CI/CD
- Guarantee health status of the products by monitoring the underlying infrastructure
- Participate in architectural decisions regarding our micro-service architecture.
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings.
- Construct and sustain operationally secure environments that support our clients’ solutions.
- Uphold the responsibility to protect the integrity, discretion, and availability of information associated with the organization.
- Implement strong security policy and practices, as well as train the Engineering and Data Science teams to implement these in a continuous effort to secure the company’s infrastructure and client’s data.
- 2+ years of professional experience in creating, deploying and automating infrastructure and software
- Work experience in SaaS platforms
- Work experience in large scale systems
- Strong experience provisioning, managing and monitoring microservice architectures.
- Strong knowledge of networking and security.
- Strong experience working with cloud platforms (ideally Azure)
- Strong experience composing build and release pipelines
- Experience working in an Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience with either Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience in configuration management using Ansible or similar tools.
- Experience with Python and automation
- Experience deploying and scaling Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity working in agile environments.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
The following will be considered as assets:
- Experience in Systems Design
- Experience with Python web frameworks (Django and Flask)
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.