We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Senior Back end Developer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. The successful candidate should have the expertise and proven experience in Python. We are interested in prior experience but also in work ethic, commitment and talent. We are looking for people that have a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and attention to detail.
As a Senior Back end Developer, you will report to the Software Development Team Leader and you will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation and clear code
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, and programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by participating in interviews.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- BS. in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in design and development with at least 3 years of using Python.
- Experience with Databases, any SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and any NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra).
- Experience in RESTful web service.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile and Scrum.
- MSc. in Computer Science or related field is welcome but not obligatory.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or AI frameworks is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills (English).
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.