We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality
We currently seeking a Senior Bioinformatician to join our Bioinformatics/Data Science team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. In this role, your focus will be on leading bioinformatics projects on collecting and processing omics data, building integration pipelines, and performing analysis by using AI/ML and Big Data technologies.
As a Senior Bioinformatician, your focus will be on analyzing next-generation sequencing data and you will be reporting to the Bioinformatics Team Leader. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Development of bioinformatics pipelines, and machine-learning algorithms to analyze omics data, especially focused on the microbiome (metagenome, 16S) and meta-transcriptome.
- Design and implementation of automated integration pipelines and other computational workflows to facilitate omics analysis as part of an enterprise-level system solution.
- Prepare technical reports with bioinformatics-related plots and graphs.
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and reliable software components.
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas.
- Work as part of the cross-functional team.
- Mentor, train, and develop team members.
- 5+ years of industry experience in a similar role.
- MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or a related field. Ph.D. and prior research experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with current bioinformatics tools and databases for interpretation of omics sequencing data. Experience with microbiome data sets is a plus.
- Experience in building and testing automated multi-omics data analysis pipelines, especially for NGS and microbiome data.
- Experience in bioinformatics system design (compute, data, application layers) for data and compute-intensive applications.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Python, R), Linux shell scripting and version control.
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing and cloud computing systems.
- Excellent communication skills (English), and ability to produce excellent documentation, keep records and communicate information with other teams/clients.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.