We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. We strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking a Senior Bioinformatician to join our Bioinformatics team in Athens or Thessaloniki.
As a Senior Bioinformatician, your focus will be on analyzing next-generation sequencing data, leading bioinformatics projects, collecting and processing omics data, building integration pipelines, and performing analysis by using AI/ML and Big Data technologies. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Development of bioinformatics pipelines, and machine-learning algorithms to analyze omics data, especially focused on the microbiome (metagenome, 16S) and meta-transcriptome
- Provide technical leadership to the bioinformatics team and other management roles. Help further design scalable architectures, and see through the development of owned features from inception to production
- Design and implementation of automated integration pipelines and other computational workflows to facilitate omics analysis as part of an enterprise-level system solution
- Prepare technical reports with bioinformatics-related plots and graphs
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and reliable software components
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas
- Work as part of the cross-functional team
- Mentor, train, and develop team members
- 5+ years of industry experience in a similar role
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or a related field. Prior research experience is a plus
- Proficiency with current bioinformatics tools and databases for interpretation of omics sequencing data. Experience with microbiome data sets is a plus
- Experience in building and testing automated multi-omics data analysis pipelines, especially for NGS and microbiome data
- Experience in bioinformatics system design (compute, data, application layers) for data and compute-intensive applications
- Proficiency in the Python scripting language, Linux shell scripting and version control. Knowledge of statistics, machine learning methods, and R are strong pluses
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing and cloud computing systems
- Excellent communication skills (English), and ability to produce excellent documentation, keep records and communicate information with other teams/clients
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.