We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. We strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer with a critical thinking and problem solving mindset to join our Software Engineering team in Thessaloniki or Athens. As a Data Engineer, you will participate in building the data infrastructure that will be powering our products and platform and report to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions. Therefore, clear communication and excellent problem solving skills are essential for good cross-domain communication and support.
- Develop, maintain and update ETL catalog
- Build, maintain and update repeatable and trackable data pipelines
- Collect, analyze and organize raw data in collections of datasets
- Design databases and data stores for big datasets with performance considerations in mind
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to develop and productize prototypes
- Participate in architectural decisions regarding our data architecture
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings
- 3+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Proven experience with Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Proven experience with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Experience with big data tools, specifically Spark (preferably with Databricks)
- Experience with data pipeline / workflow tools (Azure DataFactory, Prefect)
- Experience with cloud compute frameworks like Azure Batch
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL query authoring
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in agile environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to provide clear and concise step-by-step technical help, verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact effectively with audience of varying technical backgrounds & seniority
Nice to have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Familiarity with Atlassian stack of tools(Jira, Jire service management & Confluence)
- Familiarity with microservices
- Familiarity with bioinformatics
- Experience with Azure
- Experience in Machine Learning or AI frameworks
- Experience with handling GDPR concerns for data within the platform will be considered as asset
What is like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.