We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Mid or Senior Data Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. We are looking for people that have work ethic, commitment, talent and a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and the ability to lead and successfully deliver the development of projects under constraints.
As a Mid or Senior Data Engineer, you will participate in building the data infrastructure that will be powering our products and platform, working closely with both our Software Engineering and Data Science teams. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
- Design, develop, maintain and update ETL catalog
- Build, maintain and update data pipelines
- Collect, analyze and organize raw data in collections of datasets
- Design, build, maintain and optimize graph databases
- Design and optimize main memory and disk-based data structures for efficient access to large graph databases
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to develop and productize prototypes
- Participate in architectural decisions regarding our data architecture.
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- 3+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Work experience with Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Work experience with graph databases and/or triplestores (Neo4j, TigerDB, Amazon Neptune, Apache Jena, GraphDB, etc)
- Work experience with big data tools, specifically Azure Databricks
- Work experience with data pipeline / workflow tools (Azure Datafactory, Prefect, etc)
- Work experience with SQL query authoring
- Experience with data models and especially semantic web data models (RDF, graph, etc)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in agile environments.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
Nice to have
- A degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degrees are an added advantage.
- Experience in Machine Learning or AI frameworks
- Experience with handling GDPR concerns for data within the platform will be considered as asset
What is it like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.