We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. We are looking for people that have work ethic, commitment, talent and a startup “do-er” mentality, a track record of excellence and the ability to lead and successfully deliver the development of projects under constraints.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will participate in building the data infrastructure that will be powering our products and platform and report to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Develop, maintain and update ETL catalog
- Build, maintain and update data pipelines
- Collect, analyze and organize raw data in collections of datasets
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to develop and productize prototypes
- Participate in architectural decisions regarding our data architecture.
- Participate in our Agile processes like planning and daily stand-up meetings.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- A degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred but not required
- Proven experience with Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Proven experience with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Experience in Machine Learning or AI frameworks is preferred but not required
- Experience with big data tools, specifically Azure Databricks
- Experience with data pipeline / workflow tools (Azure Datafactory, Prefect)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL query authoring
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in agile environments.
- Experience with handling GDPR concerns for data within the platform will be considered as asset
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.