We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about building innovative solutions that empower our clients to succeed and grow. At the core of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software QA Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. In this role, the successful candidate will participate in all phases of software testing, to ensure that all product and quality objectives are met. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
As a Senior Software QA Engineer, you will play an important part in our company’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Work in a cross-functional Scrum team comprised of Front End, Back End, and Data Science members.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- You get a strong plus if you demonstrate knowledge of Bioinformatics
- You get a strong plus if you have experience in working in ML/DS
- 5+ years’ experience in software quality assurance.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience with testing frameworks like PyTest, Jasmine and Selenium or equivalent.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid experience with at least one scripting language.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Team spirit and strong will for further improvement.
- Be proactive and capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates who might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.