We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our Product team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. The successful candidate should have expertise and proven experience in product design, design thinking, and proven track record of close collaboration with development teams.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will be responsible for the UX/UI design process for new and existing products with your focus being on translating business needs into intuitive interfaces that empower users. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Bioinformaticians and Product Managers working on state-of-the-art SaaS products and solutions. Υou will also have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, based on design thinking, in a workplace that inspires collaboration, innovation and creativity.
- Be responsible for the smooth completion of the UX/UI design process cycle; from conception/research to product design hand-over for execution.
- Create human-centered product-designs from low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity interactive experiences, by taking into consideration and synthesizing insights from user research, market analysis, usability tests, and technical constraints.
- Evaluate feedback, iterate and refine designs to provide delightful user experiences.
- Carry out contextual research, usability tests, plan journey maps and user personas to inform sketches and wireframes.
- Understand business goals, user problems and behaviors translating them into easy to user interfaces all while having a data-driven attitude.
- Interact and collaborate, on a daily basis, with the front-end engineering team to ensure accurate interpretation of design through delivery.
- Follow, maintain and update (if necessary) the existing product design system.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly and evolutionally illustrate how sites function and look like. At this time, we focus on Desktop UI/UX, not mobile.
- Be able to identify and improve responsive design issues.
- Occasionally, gather and analyze users’ feedback through design sessions, user interviews, user testing or surveys and create design concepts in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Create graphic designs illustrating our breakthroughs in computer vision, artificial intelligence, data science and more.
- Establish design and UI guidelines, and share usability best practices with colleagues to positively impact all teams.
- Occasionally, create marketing assets including websites, landing pages, presentations, reports, and visual identities for our emerging company’s needs.
- Evaluate and establish UX tools to enable efficient collaboration schemes.
Qualifications for the UX/UI Designer:
- 3- 5 years of professional experience in UI/UX for tech, SaaS or scientific products.
- Proven experience in interaction design; creating wireframes, user/process flows, prototypes and style documentation.
- Excellent command of design and wireframing tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, and Axure.
- Ability to understand and execute both high-level and technical requirements.
- Previous experience in collaborating with software engineering teams.
- Familiarity with design Sprints and user-centric design methodology.
- Ability to drive your design from conception to completion of technical ideas using an agile approach.
- Ability to guide and supervise junior colleagues.
- Knowledge of usability best practices, emerging trends and technologies.
- Experience with analytics tools in order to understand and act on user behaviors.
- Good communication & teamwork mindset.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Greek and English.
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS/CSS3.
What is it like to work with us:
DEUS EX MACHINA will provide you with resources and advanced tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. Our people are the most important asset and we always strive for providing them with a good working-life balance. What to expect working at DEUS:
- Competitive compensation packages based on qualifications.
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Private life & health insurance
- Room to experiment, learn and have fun
- Peers with big smiles and fascinating ideas
- A multi-disciplinary, multinational team that values trust and autonomy
If you like the description above, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply with your latest CV in English.