We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our Product team in Athens or Thessaloniki, full-time. The successful candidate should have expertise and proven experience in product design.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will lead the UX/UI design process for new and existing products with your focus being on translating business needs into easy-to-use interfaces that empower users. You will report to the Product Management Lead. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Bioinformaticians and Product Managers working on state-of-the-art technology products and solutions.
In your role as a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
- Create user-first designs by taking into consideration market analysis, usability tests, and technical constraints.
- Be in charge of the UX/UI design process; from research to user-testing to mockup production and final hand-off to engineering.
- Understand business goals, user problems and behaviors translating them into easy to user interfaces all while having a data-driven attitude.
- Carry out contextual research, usability tests, plan journey maps and user personas to inform sketches and wireframes.
- Evaluate feedback, iterate and refine designs to provide delightful user experiences.
- Create marketing assets including websites, landing pages, presentations, reports, and visual identities for our products and services.
- Create graphic designs illustrating our breakthroughs in computer vision, artificial intelligence, data science and more.
- Establish design and UI guidelines and share usability best practices with colleagues to positively impact all teams.
Qualifications for the UX/UI Designer:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in UI/UX.
- Degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science or a related field or demonstrable work experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Proven experience in Interaction Design; creating wireframes, user/process flows, prototypes and style documentation.
- Excellent command of design and wireframing tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Sketch.
- Be creative and innovative, taking abstract or technical ideas and visualizing them in a pixel-perfect design.
- Ability to drive your design from conception to completion using an agile approach.
- Knowledge of interaction design, usability best practices, and emerging trends and technologies.
- Good communication & teamwork mindset.
- Excellent oral and written skills (English).
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS/CSS3.
- Ability to understand and execute both high-level and technical requirements.
- Familiarity with Design Sprints and User-Centric design methodology.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV and portfolio (in English) below.