We are DEUS EX MACHINA, a technology company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and analytics. Our client roster includes Fortune 100 organizations, universities, and startups. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we strive to develop solutions that make a positive impact. Chances are you have already used, tasted or experienced products we helped our clients build or advance. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we are passionate about delivering innovative services and applications that empower our clients to scale and innovate. The pillars of our successful track record are our people, our commitment to client success, and our desire to make an impact through a creative, focused, and collaborative mentality.
We are dedicated to empowering our clients to unleash the power of their data and are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in Athens or Thessaloniki. The successful candidate should have expertise in system administration, automation, and continuous integration. We are less interested in prior experience and more in work ethic, commitment, and talent.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will participate in building custom products for our clients and report to the Software Development Manager. You will be joining a talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Bioinformaticians working on state of the art technology products and solutions.
In your role as a DevOps Engineer, you will have access to resources and tools necessary to deliver best-in-class results for our clients, in a workplace that inspires collaboration and creativity. At DEUS EX MACHINA, we believe people are the most important asset for success and that efficiency and resourcefulness can make an impact. We offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications and location. We also offer a flexible work schedule and training opportunities in the spirit of continuous improvement and development.
Responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer include:
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to build, deploy, and support tasks crucial to our systems.
- Construct and sustain operationally secure environments that support our clients’ solutions.
- Report to management to ensure project commitments and standards are met.
- Uphold the responsibility to protect the integrity, discretion, and availability of information associated with the organization.
- Implement strong security policy and practices, as well as train the Engineering and Data Science teams to implement these in a continuous effort to secure the company’s infrastructure and client’s data.
Qualifications for the DevOps Engineer include:
- 2+ years of DevOps experience.
- Strong knowledge of networking and security.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL).
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD utilizing Jenkins or similar tools.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization using Docker.
- Strong knowledge of configuration management using Ansible or similar tools.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus or Nagios.
- Experience within a Microsoft Azure and/or AWS environment.
- Hands-on knowledge of infrastructure migration to the cloud.
- Excellent oral and written skills (English)
- Python or similar programming languages, Web development skills (Flask) and/or data analysis (Pandas) is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable with Linux/Unix environments and working with command line is preferred but not required.
- Spark and Hadoop, and/or other technologies for processing high volume data sets (HPC, stream processing, NoSQL, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is preferred but not required.
- Web services, microservices, REST APIs, serverless and related software architecture concepts are preferred but not required.
At DEUS EX MACHINA we welcome applications from candidates how might or might not tick all the boxes. If you possess an aptitude for learning and a can-do mentality, apply with your latest CV (in English) below.